Terms and Conditions
- DEFINITION: ‘THE COMPANY’ means MAK Enterprises Pty Ltd, 28394379927 their sub-contractors, agents and authorised employees. ‘THE HIRER’ means the person, company or agent of The Hirer on the tax invoice hiring The Equipment from The Company. The person who signs for The Equipment warrants that they have the authority of The Hirer to sign for on their behalf. ‘THE EQUIPMENT’ means the goods hired as they appear on the tax invoice, for the function, event or purpose, for which the goods are to be used. ‘THE AGREEMENT’ means the Hire Agreement or Hire Contract / Tax Invoice between The Company and The Hirer of The Equipment.
- GENERAL: All equipment hire is subject to the ‘Terms and Conditions of Hire’ as printed hereon and on the MAK Enterprises Website: www.makcatering.com.au. They will bind The Hirer.
- DEPOSIT: All Hirers, unless prior arrangements are made, are required to offer a valid credit card as security on booking and to reserve hire equipment exclusively, and The Hirer authorizes The Company to action any charges on that credit card given as security, in accordance with The Company’s cancellation and postponement policy. Refer below to points 6 and 7. At least 1 week prior to the delivery date, The Hirer is required to pay a security deposit of 20% of the hire amount to reserve The Equipment exclusively. Exception to this, is within the dates 1 November to 31 December of any year, payment is required 2 weeks prior to delivery.
- PAYMENT: Unless The Hirer has an account with The Company, payment is due prior to the delivery. The Company reserves the right to withhold delivery if payment has not been received prior. An extra delivery charge will apply should The Company have the need to re-deliver as a result of non-payment. Payment methods include cash, Visa or MasterCard (2.2% Administrative fees applies) & American Express (1.5% Administrative fees applies). The Hirer authorises The Company to deduct hire charges and any additional charges from the credit card. Refer to cancellation conditions below.
- QUOTATION: Quotation is valid for 30 Days from date of issue.
- HIRE PERIOD: The period of hire shall operate from the commencement date and time as shown on the quotation provided or the time The Equipment is delivered to The Hirer whichever is the later and will cease when it is returned to owner or, if The Hirer notifies The Company in writing that The Equipment is available for return at a particular address.
- POSTPONEMENT: If The Hirer chooses to postpone the hire of The Equipment, charges shall apply as stated in ‘CANCELLATION’ listed below.
- CANCELLATION: If The Hirer cancels The Agreement prior to the commencement of the stated delivery date and time, then The Company reserves the right to charge a percentage of the quoted amount on the Tax Invoice as follows; 50% of the total hire, 2 business days prior to the delivery date and time. 100% of the total hire, if the cancellation is less than 1 business day prior to the delivery date and time.
- DELIVERY: Delivery charges apply.
- USE OF EQUIPMENT: The Equipment whilst in The Hirers possession is the responsibility of The Hirer and should be used at all times in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines. The Equipment should be operated in a safe and proper manner, strictly in accordance with the user's manual and shall only be used for its intended purpose. All equipment including coolrooms are not to be relocated after delivery. If repositioning is required the office must be contacted. Any damages caused by an unauthorised repositioning will be at the hirer's cost.
- CLEANING: All equipment hired by MAK Enterprises will be delivered clean and in working condition. Upon completion of the hire, The Equipment must be properly cleaned by The Hirer. It is agreed that the whole or any part of additional costs incurred by MAK Enterprises due to The Hirer's failure to comply with this clause, will result in the additional costs to be deducted from The Hirer's deposit or an additional charge may be imposed.
- BREAKDOWN In the event of a breakdown or failure of The Equipment, The Hirer shall inform The Company immediately. Under no circumstances should The Hirer attempt to repair The Equipment without the prior consent of The Company. If the breakdown or failure of The Equipment is caused by normal wear and tear and not by The Hirer's negligence or misuse, The Company will make all reasonable efforts to replace The Equipment. The Company will not take any responsibilities for any loss or damages caused by The Hirer fault.
- INSURANCE: Insurance is The Hirer’s responsibility during the hire period. The Hirer is responsible for the security of The Equipment at all times during the hire period. Any lost, broken, damaged or destroyed equipment will be charged to The Hirer, at full replacement value.
- LIABILITY TO THIRD PARTIES: The Company will not be liable for claims of personal injury or death, loss or damage to goods and properties from any cause, unless it is proven without thought that it was caused due to faulty material, poor workmanship or negligence by The Company. The Customer Acknowledges that the equipment is accepted in good condition and is as described in our Terms and Conditions which can be found on our website - the goods must be returned in the same condition as accepted, if the goods are damaged in anyway/lost or stolen the customer is liable for all costs associated in replacing the equipment. The Customer is also responsible to monitor the temperature of cool rooms, freezers and hot boxes.
Disclaimer: From time to time there may be information on our Site that contains typographical or visual errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. MAK Catering Hire reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at anytime without prior notice including after a client has submitted an order.
THE COMPANY’S DECISION IS FINAL IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE